LINE Points Terms and Conditions of Use
These LINE Points Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) set forth the terms and conditions between LINE Corporation (“Company”) and Users regarding the use of LINE Points (“Points”).
1. Consent to the Terms
(1) Users may use Points by agreeing to these Terms. Users are deemed to have given their effective and irrevocable consent to these Terms by acquiring or using Points.
(2) Services related to Points (“Points Services”) shall fall under the “Service” set forth in the LINE Terms and Conditions of Use, and therefore the provisions of both the LINE Terms and Conditions of Use and these Terms shall apply when using Points. If there are any conflicts between the LINE Terms and Conditions of Use and these Terms with respect to Points Services, these Terms shall prevail. Unless otherwise provided, the terminology used in these Terms shall be in accordance with the LINE Terms and Conditions of Use.
(1) Users are required to create an account (“LINE Account”) on the application called “LINE” provided by the Company (“LINE App”) when Users use the Points Services.
(2) Users may delete their LINE account and withdraw from using the LINE App and related services at any time. The Company may delete a User's LINE account in accordance with the provisions of the LINE Terms and Conditions of Use. Please note that if a User’s LINE account is deleted, Points stored in such LINE account shall also be deleted.
(3) The Company shall not be responsible for any damages Users may incur even in cases where Users’ LINE accounts or Points are deleted.
3. Ownership of Rights
All rights pertaining to Points (including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights) shall be owned by the Company and the third parties granting such rights to the Company. Users may use Points to the extent usage rights are granted by the Company pursuant to these Terms.
4. Acquiring Points
Users may acquire Points by completing a specific action (“Action”) in a Company-designated service or a specific service operated by an organization, individual or corporation in a contractual relationship with the Company (“Business Partner”), or by completing an Action prescribed in advance by a business operator entering into a contract with the Company related to advertising distribution (“Advertiser”). For the avoidance of doubt, if a User takes an Action of paying money or other consideration for a specific service and is granted Points, such money or other consideration is paid only for receiving such service and not for acquiring Points. Users can confirm their available balance of Points in the LINE App.
5. Methods for Using Points
(1) Detailed conditions, such as the specific contents of an Action, the number of Points to be granted, and other conditions related to the acquisition of Points, are individually stipulated by the Company, Business Partners or Advertisers (“Point Partners” hereafter shall refer to both Business Partners and Advertisers). Users shall consent to the aforementioned detailed conditions before performing Actions to acquire Points.
(2) If Users receive Points before completing an Action and do not complete the Action, the granted Points will be deducted from the User account.
(3) Even if Users complete an Action, the Company or Point Partners may decide not to grant Points or cancel all or some of the granted Points if the Company or Point Partners determine that an Action has been executed in a fraudulent or inappropriate manner (including but not limited to cases where Users acquire Points by purchasing vouchers, stamps or tickets for resale or commercial purposes).
(4) Granted Points may be exchanged for Coins (the meaning of which is provided in the LINE Terms and Conditions of Use), which are used within the LINE App to buy stickers, etc., or may be exchanged for goods or services from Business Partners, or be used as discount points in Business Partner services. Generally, used Points will not be returned to the User, and transactions related to the use of Points will not be canceled nor will Points refunds be issued.
(6) Detailed conditions, such as the number of Points needed to acquire Exchanged Goods, the amount of Exchanged Goods, the terms of validity, usage conditions, and the time required for exchanging Points to Exchanged Goods, shall differ for each Exchanged Good. Users shall consent to the said detailed conditions before completing exchange procedures.
(7) All Points will expire when Users do not acquire any additional Points for 180 days or more (where the day of acquisition is counted as the first day) from the day when Users acquire their last Point, and Users may not exchange or use expired Points. The expired Points will not be restored for whatever reason.
(8) Notwithstanding clause 5(7), Users may use Points for which the expiration date is set (“Limited Term Points”) on and before such date set by the Company at the time of the grant of each Point. Limited Term Points will expire when the expiration date has passed, and Users may not exchange or use expired Limited Term Points. Expired Limited Term Points will not be restored for any reason.
(9) If a User has Points with different expiration dates in their account, then the Points with the earlier expiration date should be used first.
6. Usage Conditions
(1) The Company grants Users the right to use Points Services as long as Users do not perform any act prohibited in Article 12 of the LINE Terms and Conditions of Use or any of the items listed below.
(a) Acts that may lead to fraud or other crimes
(b) Acts that unjustly use the Company’s or a third party’s equipment or facilities, or that hinders management or operation of equipment or facilities.
(c) Acts that consolidate Points stored in multiple LINE accounts into a single LINE account.
(d) Acts that utilize multiple LINE accounts to unjustly obtain Points.
(e) Acts that input false information when a User takes an Action.
(f) Any other acts that the Company or Point Partners otherwise deem inappropriate.
(2) If a User’s LINE account is suspended on the grounds that the User has performed an unjustified act (including but not limited to the items included in clause 6(1)), such User accounts will be restricted with respect to using or obtaining Points. In such cases, the Company shall not be responsible for any damages Users may incur.
(3) The Company reserves the right to modify the Points Services in whole or in part, or cease the provision of Points or services related to Points at any time, without any prior notice to Users and at the Company's sole discretion. In such cases, the Company shall not be responsible for any damages Users may incur.
(4) Rights to Points shall not be succeeded to another person, and Points shall not be transferred, loaned or pledged as collateral to any other party.
8. Users’ Responsibility
(1) If the Company determines that a User has acquired or used Points in a way that violates the Terms, the Company may suspend the User’s usage of Points or take other measures that the Company considers necessary or appropriate. However, the Company shall not bear any obligation to prevent or correct such violations.
(2) If the Company suffers loss, damage or is charged an expense (including but not limited to legal fees) directly or indirectly (including cases where the Company is sued for damages by a third party) due to the use of the Point by Users, Users shall immediately compensate the Company upon request.
9. No Warranty/Liability
(1) The Company does not guarantee in any way, whether expressly or implicitly, that Points Services are free from legal or any other defects or flaws (including but not limited to defects relating to stability, reliability, accuracy, integrity, effectiveness, or fitness for certain purposes, as well as security-related faults, errors, bugs, or rights infringements). The Company shall not be responsible for providing Points Services without such defects.
(2) The Company shall bear no responsibility for any damage or other disadvantage Users may incur as a result of an Action Users perform.
(3) Users shall prepare their own communication devices needed for using Points Services. Users shall bear responsibility for any tax or any costs that arise in relation to Point acquisition, Point usage, acquisition of Exchanged Goods or the use thereof, if any.
(4) The Company shall bear no responsibility for any damages Users incur in relation to or as a result of the use of Business Partner or Advertiser contents, advertisements, products or services, or the acquisition, use or inability to use Exchanged Goods.
(5) The Company shall not be responsible for any damages Users may incur even in cases where User Points are fraudulently used by third parties.
10. Modification of the Terms
The Company may modify these Terms at any time without prior notice to Users as it deems necessary. Modified Terms shall take effect from the time when they are posted in the LINE App, and Users are deemed to have provided their effective and irrevocable consent to the modified Terms by acquiring or continuing to use Points after the modifications.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The governing language of the Terms shall be Japanese and the substantive laws of Japan shall govern these Terms. Any disputes between Users and the Company which may arise out of, in connection with, or in relation to Points Services, shall be governed under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2019